Using Social Media to Grow your Business
Social networks are transforming the way people access information about all kinds of products and services. The new model of online communication will force companies to update their marketing and communication strategies. Consumers no longer want to limit themselves to receiving information about a certain product or service from a website.
Let Digital Marketing Solutions help you reach thousands of potential customers.
The Internet has become a means of social communication. Social networks represent a new phenomenon of global communication, in which, unlike the rest of the media, the content is created by the audience that is grouped under a common interest, sharing messages, ideas and opinions.
Most social networks have had a spectacular growth, especially when compared to the evolution of other media. To reach an audience of 50 million people, radio needed 38 years, television 13, Internet 4 and iPod 3 years. The social network Facebook in just 9 months reached 100 million users. Today it exceeds 400 million. Another significant fact is that in Spain 80% of Internet users belong to a social network according to a recent study and 6 of every 10 users connect daily.
The importance of social networks
The concept of ‘social media marketing’ is probably something you’ve heard enough about now. You may hear the term B2B, Business to Business Marketing, which covers a multitude of sins.
You may feel insecure about how you can get the most out of your social media marketing. Many businesses have the belief that their customers can not be reached through social networks – despite the fact that platforms like Facebook have more than 1.13 billion active users daily. If you are currently doubting your ability to reach and market with your ideal clients on social networks, then let Digital Marketing Solutions help you.
Let’s review exactly how social media marketing works and what it takes to market in a way that generates leads and engagement.
- Marketing on social networks gives you the opportunity to customize the way you offer your product. Social networks are powerful because they give you the opportunity to connect with people in a personal way.
- You should take advantage of this and communicate with people on a personal level, rather than as a faceless company. If you interact personally you will have better results.
- Many marketers get excited about the potential opportunities offered by social media marketing and end up overworked, trying to cover activities on all major platforms. However, this is one of the fastest ways to get into trouble.
- Be clear who your client is. You need to know what your client is like if you want to be successful in digital marketing – and especially in social media marketing.
- Once you are clear about who your client is, you will be more able to focus your efforts on reaching people that want to buy what you are selling.
- Many businesses have fallen into the trap of the ‘Like’ or ‘Retweets’ in the hope that in some magical way they produce results that affect the final balance. It only works if you are reaching your target audience.